Digital group & remote dekey

Moderator: Queue Moderator

thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Digital group & remote dekey

Post by thebigphish »

Had a couple of issues at work recently with people tying up airtime in a rather important situation.

I did some hunting and found out that all the radios were set with "impolite" talkgroup auth configurations, and that was a major problem. Started reprogramming the entire fleet with "Color Code Free" and "Follow Auth..." talk permissions, enabled "Enhanced Access" button for channel clearance, which should help most issues. We're looking to enable a select few (high level admins) to be able to remote dekey a user, should someone get wordy...but I'm running into trouble.

Radios we've tested it on are set to remote dekey, a button was programmed on a mobile with "always / always" auth, and some tests were done for proof of concept. They failed. We were unable to remote dekey. Is there a hidden cache of information somewhere that the standard user manual isn't telling me? Any gurus of Trbo who can shed some light on this?
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
TreyH

Re: Digital group & remote dekey

Post by TreyH »

Do you have 'Allow Interruption' checked under the TX section of the channel setup?
Forts

Post by Forts »

I'm a little late to this thread, but I've tried this on a few radios myself and it worked fine for me.
KMB

Post by KMB »

I also want to do that.
Could please teach me here?

Thank you!
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

KMB wrote:I also want to do that.
Could please teach me here?

Thank you!
The System Planner has a detailed explanation.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”