XPR Mobile Mic Coupler

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE4NYVJR
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu

XPR Mobile Mic Coupler

Post by KE4NYVJR »

I have an XPR4500 currently installed in my vehicle using the OEM remote head kit. I would like to mount my control head up high, but I do not want the mic hanging down in my face. From what I read (I can't seem to find the page again) the mic cable plugs into the back of the head and is basically just coupled through the head to the front panel jack. If this is true, should I be able to in theory connect the mic right to the cable, if I had a female to female coupler? I was able to plug the mic right into the RMK panel on the front of the radio and the radio recognized it like normal. Does the coupler I'm asking about exist? I can't seem to find one.

I would like to avoid using a mic extension cable like the ones on eBay if I can just unplug the mic cable from the back of the head, use the coupler and plug my mic directly into that. Not only would it save me a bunch of money, but I prefer to use the nice shielded cable that came with the RMK, instead of the flat wire it looks like the extension cable uses.

Thanks for any info!
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”