Mototrbo IP Commands

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ki4gyw

Mototrbo IP Commands

Post by ki4gyw »

Has any one been able to decipher the serial commands to control the radio? unfortunately I wasn't good enough for Motorola to let me in the motodev group to have this privileged information.
Last edited by ki4gyw on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ki4gyw

Re: Mototrbo Commands

Post by ki4gyw »

Ok after a little research its using the RNDIS driver, so I believe the radio is controlled over ip not serial, I think you might be able to use the wireshark network sniffer to capture some of the traffic when you program it or are using it with the gps or other applications, any one up for trying this? in linux you might be able to use the http://www.linux-usb.org/usbnet/ to connect it to your box, have to give it a shot sometime witch would be nice not to have a windows box to deal with on the network, and using a embedded pc it would have network functionality at a limited cost.
dsheli

Re: Mototrbo Serial Port Commands

Post by dsheli »

ki4gyw,
Have you made any progress with this? I am interested and don't mind helping out with the sniffing.
David
ki4gyw

Post by ki4gyw »

I done some sniffing on the network interface using wireshark, been trying to get the ndiswrapper to load the drivers in linux it shows the device is attached but cant get the network interface to come up.
dsheli

Post by dsheli »

Now correct me if I am wrong but when programing the XPR 4550 via usb cable the radio itself is actually assigned an ip address correct? I remember reading something about the radio and an ip address but am unsure how it is related. When you were sniffing was it simply sniffing the usb commands going to the radio while programing?
David
ki4gyw

Post by ki4gyw »

Yes, it is done over a network interface. TRBOnet and other software actually controls the radio over the network interface. I might try to sign up and get approval for the ADK sometime again, just dont have time to get signed up and talk to mot right now.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”