Monitor Trbo

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

Monitor Trbo

Post by arlojanis »

I have a Trbo radio and would like to monitor some Trbo repeaters. Is there an ID or code that will allow listening to a repeater without knowing the repeater's programming?
"The world runs on radio."
60A
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XPR7550, APX6000

Re: Monitor Trbo

Post by 60A »

I believe you have to know the repeaters color code, plus the group ID number of whatever it is you want to listen to. In short, I don't think so.
gopher

Post by gopher »

question
assuming you have a radio thats used on the system that you want to monitor, and assuming you have the correct cable and software, it should be possible to read the radio 'codes' correct?
is it possible the system admin would lock the radio out from reading its information via password ? or is the info easily accessible
if you know the input and output freqs of the repeater is it feasible to brute force the codes?
60A
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XPR7550, APX6000

Post by 60A »

It is possible that the radio is password protected so that you can not read it or whoever programmed it may have left it unlocked. Again, with brute force you have to find the correct color code and the correct group id so I'd say your chances are slim at best.

On a side note I'd say if anybody has a legitimate need of such information then they should be able to ask and receive it. If not, then you probably have no business obtaining it.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”