XPR-8300 & external controller auido issues

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MVT

XPR-8300 & external controller auido issues

Post by MVT »

Has anyone out there interfaced an external repeater controller that was NOT specifically approved for use with the XPR series by Motorola and had any audio issues?

More specifically, I have several XPR-8300's that are running in analog mode. They are externally controlled by S-Com 7330 controllers (although I don't think that matters much). All the XPR's seem to have some strange audio glitch that causes the TX audio to distort for aprox 1 sec. This usually happens with nearly all key ups and mostly just once sometime while the carrier is up until the repeater drops and the cycle starts all over again.
It is not repeatable as far as at what point it starts doing it after first being keyed although it does seem to happen later and later while the carrier is up with more activity (as if something was "warming up" and changing the timing interval).

It is on the TX side of the repeater and not in the rx side. It happens whether using squelched/filtered audio or unsquelched/flat audio.
I have tried different gain & level settings with no change.

When using it as a stand alone repeater (internal/"in cabinet" repeat) it has no such problem.

Has anyone seen, heard of or come across any such issues? They are running slightly older firmware like 3.31 (or some combination of those digits).
I have not upgraded yet to see if anything was fixed.

Motorola was of no use with this matter and several other issues I raised with them (~6-8 months ago) regarding operation and tuning.
They basically look at this as a digital repeater and the analog side is essentialy a "freebie" so... I think you know.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tom
akardam

Re: XPR-8300 & external controller auido issues

Post by akardam »

Please see this other thread with discussion:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=84146

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”