LTR?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

libuff

LTR?

Post by libuff »

with the demise soon of the HT1550, and in the future the 1250 LS+, i believe i read here prior about a future enhancement to the XPR line for LTR. any news on this?

also if anyone knows if the enhancement was just planned for Digital or Analog LTR?
wavetar
Administrator

Re: LTR?

Post by wavetar »

It's already here...analog LTR with a Scholer-Johnson board. Available since December '08, I believe. The newer 'Capacity Plus' trunking for TRBO, which will essentially give digital LTR functionality, is due for release in June with firmware 1.5x.xx. Upgrading field units is free, but to upgrade the repeaters with the trunking functionality will cost somewhere around $1500 each.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Not only LTR but the option boards do PassPort as well.
libuff

Post by libuff »

are they Digital ONLY? or Analog LTR? -- maybe to ask more precisely, is it compatible with Analog LTR (non TRBO) repeaters?

*edit* will the firmware update be Analog LTR and Digital?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

libuff wrote:are they Digital ONLY? or Analog LTR? -- maybe to ask more precisely, is it compatible with Analog LTR (non TRBO) repeaters?

*edit* will the firmware update be Analog LTR and Digital?
As my first post stated, the Scholer-Johnson option board gives analog LTR and Passport. The firmware update has nothing to do with LTR, it will give the TRBO system the capability to do what Motorola terms "Capacity Plus" trunking, no option board needed. It is digital only, and is similar to LTR in that it doesn't use a control channel, so it has limited features compared to SmartNet style trunking.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

libuff

Post by libuff »

any links for the Scholer-Johnson boards?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

They are available through regular Motorola channels. I don't believe you can get them straight from Scholer-Johnson. I did find a nice link which showcases the option board nicely, with a Motorola 1-888# to call for more info:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/rtassoc ... tid=47#/48

libuff

Post by libuff »

sji.biz is the website...

possibly $75 for the passport + LTR regular board...
libuff

Post by libuff »

Portable board by Scholer-Johnson is $79.50 includes Passport and LTR
programming software is $99.00

(407) 645-5093 is the contact #

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”