Patching an Analog Signal to a Digital Trbo Talk group

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dsheli

Patching an Analog Signal to a Digital Trbo Talk group

Post by dsheli »

How would you guys recommend patching an analog channel onto a Mototrbo Digital Talk group? Basically I would like to have one TRBO Mobile and say a maxtrac, whenever someone talks on a VHF analog freq, the TRBO would repeat that signal onto a digital talkgroup. Then when ever there was traffic on the trbo, it would key up the mic on the maxtrac and repeat it over an analog freq. I have looked at the pin-outs of both radios and am still unsure how to wire it so that the opposite radio will key the other one up when there is traffic on the channel.
Thanks for the help!
David
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Patching an Analog Signal to a Digital Trbo Talk group

Post by wavetar »

Here is a diagram of a circuit I built a couple of years ago to crossband a TRBO with a CDM. I tapped onto one of the audio amplifier pins in the TRBO radio which switched from 4.5V to 9.0V when receiving a carrier & unmuting the speaker circuitry, and used that as my TRBO COR for this circuit. Been running without a hitch ever since.

A good description of how the circuit works can be found here:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... or#p318633

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
dsheli

Post by dsheli »

Wow thats great! Thanks Wave!
Marathon Man
New User

Post by Marathon Man »

Search motorola "COR Digital Carrier on Receive". We have 2 of these crossovers in use at our plant. There is a print out that will show the exact cross connect via accessory pins on the back. This is for the MotoTRBO mobile.
mikeps
New User
What radios do you own?: UHF XPR-8300 XPR-6500 XPR-6550

Post by mikeps »

A bit old now for a response but R.1.06.xx supports TG Active/COR via CPS to output on the GPIO pins. Works great on digital modes in my 4500 into an Arcom RC-210 controller. Audio in and out also work directly with no massaging needed.
dsheli wrote:How would you guys recommend patching an analog channel onto a Mototrbo Digital Talk group? Basically I would like to have one TRBO Mobile and say a maxtrac, whenever someone talks on a VHF analog freq, the TRBO would repeat that signal onto a digital talkgroup. Then when ever there was traffic on the trbo, it would key up the mic on the maxtrac and repeat it over an analog freq. I have looked at the pin-outs of both radios and am still unsure how to wire it so that the opposite radio will key the other one up when there is traffic on the channel.
RADIO43
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: 900 MHZ APX4000

Post by RADIO43 »

Currently trying to interface a M1225 with an XPR4550 to repeater in one direction. Receive analog audio from M1225 then Transmit Digital Audio on XPR4550.

Any one have any luck using the Front MMP Connector and one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/RA-0-Repeater-Adapt ... 708wt_1137.

On the cable for the tx radio from the interface, it uses three wire. PTT (Yellow), Mic Audio (Blue), and Ground (White/Blue).

I currently put Yellow in Pin 2 (PTT), Blue/White in Pin 5 (Ground), and Blue in Pin 7 (Mic Input).

The set up worked great when the TX radio was a Maxtrac. What am I missing when it comes to the XPR4550?

Thanks to all.

radio43
In Time of Crisis, You will Not Rise to the Occasion but Rather Default to your Level of Training!
randy52644

Post by randy52644 »

What doesn't work? No xmit? No transmit audio? Is the trbo radio rear connector pins programmed correctly for your functions? Are you sure you counted correct number of pins on the trbo mobile? I made a mistake the first time I interface my 4300.

Randy
RADIO43
Batboard $upporter

Post by RADIO43 »

Randy,

I am trying to use the front mmp connector where the mic plugs in. I am sure I have the three wires where they belong, but I notice the radio does not recognizes the cable like it recognizes the microphone. I am thinking I am going to have to use the back pins, but was try to do it through front connector. I am getting nothing... NO tx or tx audio when the M1225 is receieving.

Thank you for reply

radio43
In Time of Crisis, You will Not Rise to the Occasion but Rather Default to your Level of Training!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Use the back pins. The XPR needs to see an Impres mic through the front connector. If I recall, an XPR Impres mic will work on an XTL series radio, but the non-Impres XTL mics won't work on the TRBO mobiles.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
RADIO43
Batboard $upporter

Post by RADIO43 »

Copy... I figured that, just being lazy... Thank you for info
RADIO43
Batboard $upporter

Post by RADIO43 »

Used the back connector and it works perfect!!!! Nice option to have...

Thank you to all

radio43

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”