telemetry

Moderator: Queue Moderator

marcosorourke
What radios do you own?: XPR7550

telemetry

Post by marcosorourke »

Is anyone using the telemetry features of the TRBOs? If so, what are you doing with it?
marcosorourke

Re: telemetry

Post by marcosorourke »

I'm guessing by the silence that no one is using the telemetry feature of the TRBOs yet.

We are looking at using it to notify us of a general fault with our broadcasting equipment at a couple of our sites... doors at the sites opening... Maybe turning on/off lights as we arrive and leave...
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Haven't played with it yet for machine to machine communications. Wanting to though.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

We've done some demo setups...turned some lights on/off...it's fairly straight forward stuff in the programming. Is there any info in particular you're looking for?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
marcosorourke

Post by marcosorourke »

Mostly seeing if and what others are doing with it. Maybe get ideas we had not thought about.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

We've done similar demonstrations off the two i/o's.

http://www.daywireless.com/scada_telemetry.htm

But, I want to see if it can be taken a step further for scada. Have one time slot dedicated to master station interrogation polling, and the other for remote site exception reporting (intrusion alarms, major and minor fail). Have the trbo be a transparent transport for an autonomous control application like Wonderware.
Tinker'r

Post by Tinker'r »

My buddies and I use it to remotely channel steer our XPR8300 repeaters. Been using it that way since 2008.

Tinker'r
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Tinker'r wrote:My buddies and I use it to remotely channel steer our XPR8300 repeaters. Been using it that way since 2008.

Tinker'r
Ahh...nice application.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
kg9nn

Post by kg9nn »

Repeater site alarms : AC failure, PA alarm, cabinet door open.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

wavetar wrote:We've done some demo setups...turned some lights on/off...it's fairly straight forward stuff in the programming.
Same here. Just a demo board that we built up for our demp unit. Not much interest.

It would be good for site alarms.
marcosorourke

Post by marcosorourke »

We're a broadcast radio station and we're using the telemetry now that I've had some time to play with it. Right now it's just for notifying the engineering group if we are off the air (based on a silence sensor).

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”