Trbo console interface

Moderator: Queue Moderator

efc
What radios do you own?: cdm 1250

Trbo console interface

Post by efc »

Hi,

Has any one had any experience interfacing a Trbo capacity plus or IP site connect to
......say a Centrcom gold or one of the new Moto consoles. Can you use the access.
jack or do you have to use a control base?

Thank you
John
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Trbo console interface

Post by wavetar »

You use the accessory jack, generally interfaced through a tone remote adaptor to a console, or to a BIM for Centracom. Basically just like any other /\/\ mobile radio.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
efc

Post by efc »

Thanks alot. That is what I was think too,till I ran into a tech that said that his group had to use a control base.
Have you ever interfaced to a radio console?

Thank you
John
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

You can only interface locally to a trbo repeater if its in analog mode as far as I've seen. If you want digital, then you need control bases.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Ah, I was assuming you meant the XPR4000 series mobile radios. If you are referring to the XPR8000 series repeaters, then no, you cannot interface them to a console, at least not in digital mode. In analog you should be able to just like the mobiles, but I haven't done it.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
efc

Post by efc »

Thanks that is what I thought as I researched it somemore last night.Of course if you have to go through control bases then you are limited to the control base interface. Yes I did mean the xpr 8000 repeater, sorry for not clarifying.
John

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”