Vertex MotoTrbo radios

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RFguy

Vertex MotoTrbo radios

Post by RFguy »

Has anyone heard the rumors about Vertex releasing a radio (mobile and portable) that will work on the MotoTrbo platform?
Ben

Re: Vertex MotoTrbo radios

Post by Ben »

Thats the rumor. And the rumor is NO US sales
citylink_uk

Post by citylink_uk »

Vertex will be releasing TDMA radios late 2010.

Press release : http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 14862.html

Not MotoTRBO, but still two-slot TDMA to the ESTI standard. In theory they should be interoperable with MotoTRBO and other manufacturers using the standard (Tait, Simoco and HYT)
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Today at IWCE, Vertex announced the pending release of their Digital radios

http://urgentcomm.com/mobile_voice/news ... -20110309/

I had a quick look at them. The mobile, portable and repaeter looks the same as the Motorola MOTOTRBO's, just with minor consmetic changes and the Vertex logo. I will look closer at them tomorrow and ask questions about compatibility with the MOTOTRBO radio line.
Last edited by RFguy on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Any news on that conversation?
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

The Vertex guys indicated that they are fully compatible with MOTOTRBO's in the conventional modes.

They will not do Site Connect, Capacity plus trunking, or Coverage plus trunking.

The mobile is a VXD-7200
The portable is a VXD-720
The repeater is a VXD-R70

The portable is shown on the bottom right corner of page 23 of this document
http://www.bearcom.com/resource-library ... atalog.pdf
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

I figured as much. I wonder how many of my customers will buy them and expect them to work with their systems. They probably don't do the same encryption either.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Oh yeah, one other thing. They will be less expensive than the Motorola units.

Nothing like adding some low price competition to the mix.
What radios do you own?: MT-500 with scan

Post by 123 »

RFguy wrote:They will be less expensive than the Motorola units.

Nothing like adding some low price competition to the mix.

Let me correct you.

First, Motorola owns Vertex {discretely of course}, so there is zero competition for Motorola. It still goes in their money pot.

Second, Motorola {AKA Vertex} only made this step to make it seem as if they have competition, but trust me. Behind the scenes, its all and always has been Motorola !

PS. Vertex is waiting for FCC type acceptance to make the official announcement of the USA market. Select few dealers are already getting the beta radios to test.
Keep the flames to yourself.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

There is no discreet ownership of Vertex by Motorola. They bought 80% of the company from the guy that owned it before and let him keep 20%. Vertex is so insignificant in the big picture that it doesn't even get mention on the quarterly earnings calls
citylink_uk

Post by citylink_uk »

http://www.vertexstandard.com/lmr/Digital

There for all to see now...
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

RFguy wrote:The Vertex guys indicated that they are fully compatible with MOTOTRBO's in the conventional modes.

They will not do Site Connect, Capacity plus trunking, or Coverage plus trunking.

The mobile is a VXD-7200
The portable is a VXD-720
The repeater is a VXD-R70

The portable is shown on the bottom right corner of page 23 of this document
http://www.bearcom.com/resource-library ... atalog.pdf
I was curious about the trbo compatability also - thanks for posting this info.
fineshot1
NJ USA
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

They are just DMR radios...... Comparable to Hyteras in most aspects.
What radios do you own?: MT-500 with scan

Post by 123 »

escomm wrote:There is no discreet ownership of Vertex by Motorola. They bought 80% of the company from the guy that owned it before and let him keep 20%. Vertex is so insignificant in the big picture that it doesn't even get mention on the quarterly earnings calls
"the guy" as you mentioned, is Jun Hasegawa. Motorola moved in for the kill when they saw Vertex's stock go from $39 to $19 a share. A pure "lets eliminate our competition" move as many large Corporations do everyday as part of their everyday business to attempt a under the rug monopoly.

Yes I said "discrete" because a Monopoly or attempts in monopoly are frowned upon with the FTC. Motorola has not openly said "We own you"

They merely issued a press release stating they were "acquiring controlling interest" which basically means they have majority control of policies of the Company, but does not mean ownership {directly}. They of course throw in that they are in a "joint" venture with the said company. Holding the majority of one's business Stock is the best practice around the classification of being a Monopoly and is a nice loophole. It keeps Motorola out of the spotlight of direct ownership although they have the majority vote on who will be the CEO of the Company. They are the behind the curtains person. Calling all the shots without taking direct credit for them.

There was no "let him keep 20%" The purchase could have been denied, the Board of Directors has to approve any stock purchases over 51% to one person or company because a purchase of 51% or more gives the "majority" of control to the company as stated above. And it was in Vertex's best interest to approve Motorola because they are piggybacking off of their well networked Company globally.

Motorola shouldn't be mentioning quarterly earnings of Vertex. Motorola is a stock holder of Vertex. Which is separate business and is mixing apples with oranges.

In short, this was a good strategic plan from both sides.
Keep the flames to yourself.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”