Remote control of MOTOTRBO repeater running digital

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RFguy

Remote control of MOTOTRBO repeater running digital

Post by RFguy »

Has anyone heard of a way to put a remote (using an external adapter) on a MOTOTRBO repeater running digital.

I suspect it is a no go at this time, but I was wondering if anyone has seen it on a roadmap.
JRayfield

Re: Remote control of MOTOTRBO repeater running digital

Post by JRayfield »

You're correct. In the digital mode, the XPR8300 doesn't do anything but 'repeat' what it receives. There is no analog-to-digital interface in the repeater that can be accessed from the accessory port. So the only way to get remote control of the repeater is to do it over a network connection (with the repeater in IPSC mode).

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
www.rayfield.net
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net
ki4gyw

Post by ki4gyw »

TRBOnet lets you do a IPSC Remote and change talkgroups.
JRayfield

Post by JRayfield »

TRBOnet doesn't provide remote control of a repeater, only a control station (XPR-series mobile).

I believe Avnet may have the capability of interfacing their Scout IP-based console system into a TRBO repeater, at the IP level (IPSC mode). But, for a simple remote, that's probably way overkill (and quite expensive).

Another product, c-Bridge, has the capability of using a pc-based remote application to directly access/control a TRBO repeater over an IP connection (no control station needed).

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”