New TRBO Software notice from mol

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

New TRBO Software notice from mol

Post by KitN1MCC »

MOTOTRBO Software Licenses
As we continue to progress the MOTOTRBO radio solutions portfolio, new software capabilities are providing us with an opportunity to deliver unsurpassed value and system functionalities, never before achieved with hardware alone. Motorola is realigning the distribution of MOTOTRBO Premium software components, which require an Entitlement ID, to match the MOTOTRBO hardware. Going forward, the software options and upgrades will only be available for resale through MOTOTRBO Authorized dealers and will be removed from the general parts and accessory catalog.

just great i wonder if i should go forward with the trbo system i want to put up
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: New TRBO Software notice from mol

Post by escomm »

Well there are dealers that have offered to sell to hams at the dealer's cost but apparently you like paying sales tax 8)
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

This is only a concern if you want to add a software option to an existing unit. For example, to add the Capacity Plus trunking option to a repeater, you need to go through an authourized dealer.

There are very few software options, so this would not come up very often.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

In any case it's still easier than doing FLASHport options for higher tier radios.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

actually some one was gonna get an e-mail some time in a week or so need to get my christmas present

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”