P25 Radio Compatibility

Have a question or information regarding interfacing or interoperating Motorola digital radios with models from other manufacturers? Here's the place to do so.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fallspolice
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XTL2500, MTX850

P25 Radio Compatibility

Post by fallspolice »

My local area is going to be switching to the system listed in the following radio reference link.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6643

I currently monitor them now with an XTS3000. When they switch over, will I be able to monitor them with an XTS2500 or XTS5000, or will I need to buy an APX series radio? Thanks again to everyone for all your help!
Batwings21

Re: P25 Radio Compatibility

Post by Batwings21 »

You will not currently hear any traffic that is broadcast in x2 tdma without an APX. Also you will not monitor a 9600 baud system without affiliating to it, so unless you have a legit ID on the system, you are SOL. I'd tell you to buy a scanner, but at the moment I don't think that would help either.
fallspolice
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XTL2500, MTX850

Post by fallspolice »

Thanks for that info! I am not aware of any scanners out right now that will work with that either. I don't want to say too much as it pertains to having an ID on that system, but it looks like I will be shelling out some cash in the near future for an APX.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Also make sure you know that without a special flash option, the APX REQUIRES an advanced system key.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

fallspolice wrote:Thanks for that info! I am not aware of any scanners out right now that will work with that either. I don't want to say too much as it pertains to having an ID on that system, but it looks like I will be shelling out some cash in the near future for an APX.
Just an update...

GRE PSR800 will monitor the Motorola TDMA system.

Return to “Motorola Digital Radio Compatability”