ID scrolling

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dasuriano

ID scrolling

Post by dasuriano »

I noticed that on Alaska State Troopers, they had their radios set to switch back and forth between the radio ID number and the channel name. I am hoping that this is not one of their TV editing tricks to make the radios cooler than they are, but I am wondering if there is a way to enable that for my XTL2500. RIght now I have it set for ID display, but while I would like to keep that, it would be nice to know what channel it is scanning at the same time. This would be for P25 conventional.
Squad5
was mwb9122

Re: ID scrolling

Post by Squad5 »

Never noticed that. Very interesting. I'd like to know as well.
JeffFireRadio

Re: ID scrolling

Post by JeffFireRadio »

You are not the only one. We've got users who need both to alternate during a received transmission. We've played with the programming parameters here at the shop that pertain to those functions on the XTS and the XTL and haven't found the right combination (if it's even possible) to do that. Now I'm jealous of the APX7000 portable, as it has enough display lines to do both at the same time. Anyone know if the smaller display of the APX6000 has enough lines to do both? So, we'd also be interested if anyone has mastered this on the XTL/XTS (we're P25 trunking, btw, so it's talkgroup vs digital ID display). - Jeff

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”