RE: APX7k not muting MDC

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Cipher77

RE: APX7k not muting MDC

Post by Cipher77 »

I've got an APX7k rev 07.00.00 firmware & programming w/ 07.00.00 CPS. I have 2 identical personalities besides frequency & PL & one will mute MDC & show the ID & one won't. I've compared everything that I think that I can in the CP with regards to those 2 channels & personalities & I cannot find the common factor that is different to the point that would make this feature not work properly on one channel.

Any Ideas?
The Grabbing Hands, Grab all they can. Everything counts in large amounts. Martin L. Gore
Cipher77

Re: RE: APX7k not muting MDC

Post by Cipher77 »

Ok, so, today I was monitoring one of the local HAM repeaters (one of the channels that I'm having MDC decode issues)that utilize MDC & one guy has a preamble & one guy didn't. the guy w/ the preamble MDC DID mute & his ID was displayed properly on by radio where as the other guy who didn't have a preamble on his MDC didn't mute & didn't display his ID.

Does this give anyone more of a clue as to what may be happaning here?

I'm at a total loss for ideas at this point.

Bueler, Bueler.........
The Grabbing Hands, Grab all they can. Everything counts in large amounts. Martin L. Gore
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Interesting that you bring this up... as listening to a local system the past few days... if the carrier opens up with the disp, and a post ptt is heard, the radio will do its dos muting, but no id...and as the carrier is still running (long hang time) and the post ptt is heard again, you get the dos chirp and then you see the ID. Seems to be pretty consistant. Also running 7.0 F/W CPS.

Never noticed (but never looked) at this behavor in the past, so maybe.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

The frequencies that are not decoding MDC properly have gone narrowbanded. The APX will NOT decode MDC if the repeater/transmitter is narrowband and the radio is programmed for wideband 25Khz channel spacing.

Go into the profile and turn off securenet (which can't work on narrowband), and then you able to select 12.5Khz. Problem solved. This issue had been discussed on other websites/forums. I would have responded sooner, but saldom log on here for Astro info or advise anymore.

Hope this helps sir.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

The system I am seeing this on is still wideband, and the radio is properly configured.

Again, what I am seeing is that the radio will not decode the first packet, but see's subsequent packets while the carrier is still active. Once the carrier drops, the whole process starts over again.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”