Astro Spectra unmute issue

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Astro Spectra unmute issue

Post by NSPD »

I'm having a very strange problem with my VHF Astro Spectra W7 base radio and I am hoping that someone else here has run across this problem and may have some insight.

This radio is programmed for, among other things, the batlabs simplex channels of Green, Blue, and Red in both analog and P25 mode.

"GREEN A" is programmed as 151.8800 Tx/Rx D143 Wideband, analog only.

"GREEN D" is programmed as 151.8800 Tx/Rx D143/$293 Narrowband, mixed mode, and also set to Digital CSQ.

The problem is that other radios will not unmute to this radio on either channel. They will however, unmute to "BLUE A", but not "BLUE D" with the exact same settings. My Astro Saber will also unmute fine in digital for this base radio, however, my XTS4000 will not. My analog sabers will also not unmute on "GREEN A".

Using close call, "GREEN D" shows to be transmitting 151.8800 $293. "GREEN A" shows to be transmitting 147.510 $885. This revealed a programming issue with one of my personalities being duplicated in the zone list, however, even with the wrong personality (with a different frequency), the radio was still receiving on the correct frequency of 151.880 D143/$293 in both analog and digital. "BLUE A" shows to be transmitting with a DPL of 412, although it is programmed for D143, and I can transmit and receive properly.

Here are the specs on the Astro Spectra:

Host R11.71.07
DSP 08.03.05

Any ideas, anyone? This has me stumped.
Jake

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”