Futurecom DVRS - Digital Vehicular Repeater

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

a1emt

Futurecom DVRS - Digital Vehicular Repeater

Post by a1emt »

Hey folks,

I have done a fair amount of programming on the "Mobexcom" analog VRS systems made for Motorola by Futurecom, but have a new digital capable DVRS that I have some questions on. Anyone have any experience with these? I have a crossband model going from an 800 MHz XTL5000 to DVRS unit in the VHF band.

Jim
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Futurecom DVRS - Digital Vehicular Repeater

Post by wavetar »

I programmed a couple of in-band 800MHz units, so I *might* be able to help you out. I say might, as it's been like a year, they were the only two I did, and I don't have any of the supporting literature as it's with the customer. But, ask away!
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
a1emt

Post by a1emt »

Can these be configured with the 800 MHz side running P25 Trunked (XTL5000) and the Futurecom VHF unit running analog? Any limitations to this arrangement like audio degradation or chopping?

Jim
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

a1emt wrote:Can these be configured with the 800 MHz side running P25 Trunked (XTL5000) and the Futurecom VHF unit running analog? Any limitations to this arrangement like audio degradation or chopping?

Jim
Yes, you should be able to run P25 on the XTL side, and choose either P25 or analog on the Futurecom side. The audio will be fine, however if you're using encryption on the P25 side, it of course is lost on the analog side.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

Again I dont have alot of experience programming them but the county I am in purchased a few of these for the fire service. Although we are UHF/UHF and found some major issues with this, the unit works as intended. Basically P25 Digital on the XTL then Analog UHF with MDC on the Futurecomm. Somehow the MDC codes are resnt out on digital as ID also but not sure if they ever really got it working right.

They are rairly used now as the coverage on the P25 is so good.
KB2ZTX

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”