Astro saber-3 DTMF keypad

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiocat37

Astro saber-3 DTMF keypad

Post by radiocat37 »

I have an astro saber-3 VHF that has a couple of the DTMF keypad number missing (9 and the pund key). I am wanting to replace it. Can anyone give the part number for this keypad and what it might entail to replace it? I am assuming it is removing the radio portion from the case and just replacing the rubber keypad part. All repsonses appreciated...Thanks
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Re: Astro saber-3 DTMF keypad

Post by Code3 »

Unfortunately the keypad is an integral part of the case. It does not have its own separate part number, and is held in place by the front cover which I believe is sonically welded to the main housing. In short, your only option would be to replace the whole housing.
radiocat37

Re: Astro saber-3 DTMF keypad

Post by radiocat37 »

I was afriad of that. I think I will just seal of those two spots and let it ride. Radio works great otherwise. Thanks
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”