Scan question about an XTL2500

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motastro1

Scan question about an XTL2500

Post by motastro1 »

Can someone tell me how the conventional XTL2500 radios scan? Is it still the 15 or 16 channels or do they do more then that now? I am not too familiar with the newer radios. Any input on this would be appreciated.--Thanks in advance!
Jim202

Re: Scan question about an XTL2500

Post by Jim202 »

motastro1 wrote:Can someone tell me how the conventional XTL2500 radios scan? Is it still the 15 or 16 channels or do they do more then that now? I am not too familiar with the newer radios. Any input on this would be appreciated.--Thanks in advance!

The scan on the XTL2500 & 5000 are fairly straight forward. It's just that it requires you to jump around in the software to several places. I always start with the scan section and create a list there. It requires you to input the same personality used in the zone list. You have to click on the right side of the block and then select the zone of the personality. Just to the right, you have to enter in the channel in that block.

After the scan list is generated, you then go to the personality your dealing with. There is a tab for scan. Here you enter the scan list that you want to use.

In my radios, I have so many zones (50) and so on, I keep my zones, personalities and scan lists all the same number. That way if I have a problem, I can go directly to it.

You can intermix zones in the scan list, but you will need to keep track of what your doing. If you ever have to go back and change something in a mixed list, it will be much easier to locate a mistake if you have a list of what you put there.

As I frequently make changes, I name the file I save with the radio use location and the date the change was made. Like I have several vehicles and they are not all the same programming, so the vehicle name or ID is part of the file name. It depends on where they go as to what is programmed into them.

Hope this helps in pointing you to be able to get your scan working. Oh by the way, I program a scan button on the control head so I can turn on or off the scan. You might also consider programming a nuisance button to allow deleting a scan channel that is causing problems. It will come back as soon as you change the control head to another channel.

Jim
motastro1

Post by motastro1 »

Thanks for that info....so at one time the most the radio will scan is 15 or 16 then right....or can you get it to do more than that?
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

motastro1 wrote:Thanks for that info....so at one time the most the radio will scan is 15 or 16 then right....or can you get it to do more than that?
Correct, 15 + 1 (15 chs + selected) is all you can scan at once.
motastro1

Post by motastro1 »

That's the info I needed......I was hoping it would scan more though.....--Thanks!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”