R.I.C.K. on APX7500

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

otter9309

R.I.C.K. on APX7500

Post by otter9309 »

Any thoughts or ideas for running a RICK on the APX to a M7300?

Thanks
S.
Will

Re: R.I.C.K. on APX7500

Post by Will »

You have to be joking. The R.I.C.K. IS obsolete...

Build a simple interface cable that plugs into each radio. You do not need anything that is in the old R.I.C.K.
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

Will wrote:You have to be joking. The R.I.C.K. IS obsolete...

Build a simple interface cable that plugs into each radio. You do not need anything that is in the old R.I.C.K.
I was thinking of a mobile application from P25 to ProVoice. I would like to enable and disable on demand. I realize that this an old piece, it seems very simple.
ard099

Post by ard099 »

The R.I.C.K should work for you in this situation. If you are on a conventional system just be cautious of using it on two repeater systems at the same time. It can create a loop of back and forth with the hang times. If you use it on a trunking system you may have to play with turning off the talk-permit tones, I've seen some cause some issues, but give it a try and see how it works. The R.I.C.K is not obsolete, it works great in situations like this.
Will

Post by Will »

otter9309 wrote:
Will wrote:You have to be joking. The R.I.C.K. IS obsolete...

I was thinking of a mobile application from P25 to ProVoice. I would like to enable and disable on demand. I realize that this an old piece, it seems very simple.
It is a simple interface cable between your two radios. And the correct programming in your radios.
jhooten

Post by jhooten »

Rick may be old but he is sitting around on my junk shelf and needs a job. Been thinking of making some cables for another couple of lazy bums I've got hanging around here named Astro and Spectra for a back up.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”