APX7500 audio to MW810?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

APX7500 audio to MW810?

Post by Pj »

I'll admit, I haven't had time to sit down with the manual yet due to stuff going on, but I recall seeing somewhere that you could take audio off of the DB connector or the DB19? connector.

Are any of the audio line(s) able to be directly used to a normal audio in on a MW810/normal computer connector?

Thinking of using the radio audio to recored the radio traffic with the USB video camera for onscene video. Wasn't sure if you could just make a plug or if any protection ciricutly should be added into the audio line between the radio and computer.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
wd9cms

Re: APX7500 audio to MW810?

Post by wd9cms »

Hi Pj,

If you have an O5 head on the APX7500 I would use the surveillance cable part number HKN6187A. It replaces the standard control head power and speaker cable. It has an additional cable that ends in a molded piece that has two 1/8" audio jacks. One is for a tape recorder and the other is for headphones. The headphone jack disconnects audio to the radio speaker when headphones are plugged in. The tape recorder output can be programmed to provide both received and transmitted audio and is independent of the volume control. Hope this helps.....

Bill
Bill, WD9CMS
444.775 PL131.8/NAC293
927.900 PL131.9/NAC293
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Yeah, I came across that the other day. the "A" cable is replaced by a "B" part number but doesn't seem setup properly in MOL at the moment.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
wd9cms

Post by wd9cms »

I have them on all of my radios and use them with a portable digital recorder. I have the radios programmed to provide both TX & RX audio during an incident. It is interesting to listen to the radio traffic post incident. The thing that I find interesting is how many times information needs to be repeated. I also use the headphone jack with headphones or earpiece during tactical command more than I thought I would.

Bill
Bill, WD9CMS
444.775 PL131.8/NAC293
927.900 PL131.9/NAC293

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”