APX7500 Remote to Dash - What parts needed?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BBRadio
New User

APX7500 Remote to Dash - What parts needed?

Post by BBRadio »

If I have an APX7500 dual band remote mount set up, what are the necessary parts or kits to convert to a dashmount?
Could anyone please list the part numbers or kit no.?
JeffFireRadio

Re: APX7500 Remote to Dash - What parts needed?

Post by JeffFireRadio »

H1853B is the APX above-price-book kit that takes it the other way...dash to remote. Do a Google search and you'll find the one you're looking for. It's always in the immediate part number vicinity of the kit that goes the other way...i.e. H1852, H1854, etc. When you search, it might come up under a state contract or just a P25/Batlabs/RR forum question.

I just bought a kit from M going the other way, so if you're only doing one radio, I would have those parts still sitting in their box from my project. You end up with the leftovers and that happens to be what you need right now (flex and headbridge, if I remember). The direction you are going is much easier and less parts-intensive than going the other way. You are lucky.

Not exactly the answer you were looking for, but something helpful, I hope. Best wishes.

- Jeff
BBRadio
New User

Post by BBRadio »

Thanks, Jeff. I actually have 21 of them to convert. The customer usually uses the remote mount configuration, therefore my company ordered remote. I'll check out a few options to get the parts.

Thanks,
Brandon
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

All you need are HKN6206B (flex) and 1575769B01 (gasket)

This assumes the radios have an O5 or O7 control head and you will be removing the CHIB from the CHIA

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”