XTS2500's

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: XTS2500's

Post by Josh »

I've never seen or heard of anyone using the XTS2500- except for one of the episodes of "Junk-Yard wars" where the hosts were communicating in analog with a pair of XTS2500s. I recognized them although I wonder whether or not they have a license for any of it- as some of the newer episodes are filmed in the US.

-Josh
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I've programmed a few demo units. The local fire departments are replacing all their STX & Spectra radios with XTS2500's & Astro Spectras early in the new year. They seem like a nice radio. There are two programming cables available, one is a DB-9 serial cable & the other is a USB. I tried reading an MTS2000 with them, no go. The read/write process with the USB cable is extremely quick, a matter of seconds. If you do want the USB cable, it will not work on Windows95/98. You must have ME/2000/XP for it to function. At least, that's what the paperwork says, and I tried with no success. No problems in 2000 though. The demo units were bang on specs.

Todd

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”