SRN1457: Motorola's CRAPPY XTS3000/3500/5000 RF Adapter

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MtComm

RF Adapter

Post by MtComm »

Shaun,

Thanks for posting the Moto Bulletin. It is very interesting reading. I have
talked with several public safety customers who use the adapter and PS
Speaker Mic and they had many of the problems in the bulletin plus others not mentioned. None use the XVA.

Do you or any other person know why Moto sells the RF Adapter for $10
with the XTS radios but something in the range of $120 bought later?

Also, what make the EFJ 5100 look goffy? I am interested in your
opinion.

Thanks,

Mike
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

"It's a 5 letter word Mike. GREED. Those filthy bastards at Motorola can get away with anything, and their customers keep coming back for more."

It's off topic but I think everything is getting that way due to the large corporate mentality running it all.

McDonalds and Pizza Hut for example...... I wouldn't feed that S*** to my dog but people keep packing it in by the hoards. No service, no quality, no quantity, nothing........ but if I get pissed off who cares? There's always another to take the place of where my $ went.

I had someone laugh in disbelief the other day when I mentioned how gas stations used to actually clean your windows and check the oil when you pulled up. ....and I'm not that old!

Customer service is dead!

[/rant]

mancow
Alan

Post by Alan »

Please, will someone send Shaun a Johnson. PLEASE.

Maybe he will like it and start hanging out at a Johnson board.

Personally I can do without the constant negative comments, bad language and general slant against the products that this board was set to assist people with.
We deal with Motorola, Kenwood, Yaeseu (Vertex) and Icom. Believe me they all have issues. In general dealing with Motorola is easiest of all of them. Parts are delivered in a timely manner. Try buying a replacement reference crystal for an Icom mobile. We are at 4 months now and still no sign of it.
Try buying a palm mic for a Kenwood. $110 cost (Motorola $37).

I just get tied of all the crap that you spew and wish you would tone it down a bit.

Just my opinion.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

r0f,

I got your back. The negative comments are not his alone. Most people are too lazy or too stupid to bother posting them. Frankly, I have a lot of respect for r0f since he is one of the few batlabbers to to have enough balls to speak his mind. For God's sake, he's frigging Canadian and he has a better understanding of free speech than we do! For crying out loud, let the man speak. If anyone here has earned the right, he has. If you hadn't noticed, he's pretty much the leading Astro guru on the board. Frankly, the Astro forum would be pretty empty without his comments. I, for one, applaud his efforts and will continue to read and learn from his posts. We are lucky to have people like Nand, rOf, wavetar, Monty, and many others who are so willing to share their knowledge and experience. I truly appreciate their comments, their knowledge, and their time. I too -- as do many others -- share in their occasional disenfranchisement of the corporate world and Motorola. It is thier right. Frankly, I encourage it.

Dissent invokes change. If no one complained, any company could be easliy run into the ground. Complaints result from dissatisfaction. Dissatisfaction and complaints result in decreased sales and loss of brand equity. Poor sales result in product and practice changes. Think of it as customer-driven engineering. Eventually, the numbers talk. Companies are forced to develop products the customers demand. Free market and capitalism thrive on it. It is simple supply and demand. You must supply what the customers demand.

Sorry for the economics tirade, sometimes you just have to make a point. Carry on, Shaun. Keep up the good work! Everyone, find flaws and share them! Share your compliments as well! Knowledge is the key. Keep teaching and we'll keep learning!

I thank everyone who contributes knowledge and experience to this board! Keep on sharing!
-werdnuts

VoIP# BAT-CRAP (2727)
Mercenary
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTS3000

Post by Mercenary »

I have to agree with rof, one my favorite radio’s of all times is the HT1000 and yet every time I go out and buy another Motorola radio like an HT1250 or even my XTS3000R, I can never find a Motorola radio that receives and transmits like or better then my HT1000. How hard is it for Motorola to make there new radio’s receive and transmit as good and/or better then the HT1000. Peoples lives depend on your radio’s and Motorola puts there lives in jeopardy by marketing crap like the HT750 & 1250 to public safety officials.

And why should i have to buy a $140.00 dollar adapter to get my public safety mic to work on my radio when i have already spent 130.00 dollars on the mic. The adapter should be included with the public safety mic when i ordered it.
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

easy answer, it forces you to pay them for MORE infrastructure to built to make it all work.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”