XTS-5000 Question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jts203

XTS-5000 Question

Post by jts203 »

Do any of the XTS5000 experts out there know if all XTS5000's do 512 channels and if so, is this 512 conventional channels or a combination of conventional channels and trunking talkgroups? I have one that shows 255 conventional channels but will also take a bunch of trunking talkgroups.

Thanks.
RKG

Post by RKG »

The ones we have are spec'd for 16 zones of 16 channels per zone, where a channel is either a conventional "mode" or one talkgroup on a trunking system. In addition, one is limited to 15 defined talkgroups per trunked "personality" and -- I BELIEVE -- one is also limited to 10 trunked "personalities." (I've never gotten that far, so I can't confirm the latter limitation.)
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

RKG wrote:... one is also limited to 10 trunked "personalities." (I've never gotten that far, so I can't confirm the latter limitation.)
Nah, the actual limit is 50 personalities. But obviously, you can't assign all the TGs to zones.

jts203- the total channel capacity = trunked TGs + conv channels. Double-click on your radio-wide option to see what the capacity is of your radio. I had no problem defining 512 conventional channels (32 zones with 16 chan each).

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”