ASTRO CPS programming question...

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Chato
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Several

ASTRO CPS programming question...

Post by Chato »

Hello fellas,

I'm relitively new to ASTRO CPS software/programming. I'm having trouble editing the mode-names in the Zone Channel Assignment window, and frequencies in the Trunking System-700/800 control channels.

What is happening is: I have read the codeplug previously programmed with DOS based ASTRO software (I dont know if that makes a differance or not), then when I attempt to edit/change the fields mentioned above, the CPS software will only let me enter the first three digits.

I'm not sure whats going on, but I was under the impression that I could click on the mode-names, etc, and edit them right there. (BTW: It's not a text justification issue) Is that information edited elsewhere on in the program?

I'm using a ligit and complete version of ASTRO Spectra CPS Ver. R04.01.03 on un-hacked ASTRO Spectra radios.

~Chad
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

If you are a legit user you can call Motorola for assistance.

With that said, let's see if we can help you. Have you checked under Radio wide Display/Menu to see what the zone and channel spacing is set to? To Astro Spectra W3, W4, and W7's are limited to 8 characters. If the Zone is set to 5, then it only leaves 3 characters for channel name.

Next. control channels. First, I assume you have a system key? Needed to change trunking parameters. The CPS software GUI can be a bit tricky at times. Click on the control channel frequency you want to program then delete the frequency (do not delete the line but just blank out the freq box). Then enter the new freq. Sometime sthe cursor will start at the end of a preexisting freqinstead of overwriting it.

George
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

This is in the 'readme' file that installs with the CPS. It sounds like it may be your problem:

Known Issues:
-------------
1) Compatibility issues have been seen with Canon Photo Software and
Acterna Software in which only 3 characters can be entered into fields
on tables. The incompatible software must be removed and the CPS must be
uninstalled and re-installed.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Chato
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Several

Fixed!

Post by Chato »

First of all, yes.. I'm a legit user... please read my profile.

Second, I'd like to say thanks to Wavetar as yes, that was indeed my problem.

I guess I didn't read the 'read me' information upon installation.

I have a small Canon 'Elph' camera that I use to take pictures of existing damage to the cars I 'steal'. I loaded the software into my laptop and never even used it. I had no-idea that the CPS (loaded sometime after the Canon software was loaded) would conflict with that software.

Lesson learned... 'Remember to take the time and read things through...'

Anyway, Thanks again...

~Chad

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”