XTS 3000 knobs

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

The Comish

XTS 3000 knobs

Post by The Comish »

Can anyone tell me if there is an "easy" solution to removing the volume and channel knobs from the xts 3000 case? Just grabbing them with pliers and pulling really doesn't work well... especially when the plastic in the knob is brittle. Any help is appreciated.
mastr

Post by mastr »

Give it to one on my units to use for about a day. He/she will come walking in and say "they just fell off." Beats me how a knob so difficult to remove can "just fall off"....
Rwiller

Post by Rwiller »

push it from the side, at an angle. We have been losing at least 1 a week with a fleet of 900 of them. (XTS5000). Most of the officers are knocking them lose due to the handle of the Taser Gun on their service belts. We have been putting them back with a spot of super glue.
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Post by abbylind »

I used a small screwdriver on the corner of the base and pried them up.
They are tough buggers to get off when you want

Fowler

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”