Astro Spectra unmute issue

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BPD109
Batboard $upporter

Astro Spectra unmute issue

Post by BPD109 »

Astro Spectra people, help me out here.

I have a W7, 110 watt VHF Host is around 11, DSP is around 8, (dont have the exact numbers with me at the moment) and last programmed with CPS 5.00

Got the radio programmed, and working. No problems there, until it comes time to receive. Busy light will illuminate when its receiving (like its getting carrier but improper PL) and the radio will not unmute. If I transmit with the radio, it will receive normally for 5 or 10 seconds, then go right back to this bizarre behavior. If I turn on Monitor, it works normally. If I set the radio to scan, it works ok. Now, it does this if the unmuting is set to and, or, or standard..it doesn't matter.

I'm hoping I just overlooked a setting in the CPS somewhere, or made booboo programming...any suggestions?

Thanks!
You can only buy so many bags of lime before people begin asking questions...
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

Well... if it's anything like my Astro Spectra, programmed with RSS though (9.05)... if MDC signalling is enabled for receive check the AND/OR unmuting rule settings as the default (that at least the RSS sets up as) works out as you describe. Setting it to the other option makes it all work properly.

-Josh

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”