ASIII allignment.

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Radio Intelligence Agency

ASIII allignment.

Post by Radio Intelligence Agency »

Hi,
I have had a ASIII kept away for quite some time now. It probably has a broken RF board. I was thinking I should try to purchase a new one on ebay and then have it alligned again. The only problem or actually there´s two problems in all this but the first is that where I live no one supports astro equipment and so it´s impossible to get it fixed. Second problem will be to mention for those or the one who might be able to help me out he he. I just thought it would be cool to get it working as I have another and therefore would like to do a little astro mode just for fun.

I´m really hoping someone will be able to support me and I´d appreciate any help from here, thanks. :wink:
Keep it under your hat.

Man´s got to know his limitations.
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

So, what are you asking? Do you want it realigned? If so, take it to a Motorola shop. They should have the cable and RSS to do it.
K8TEK::Tim
Radio Intelligence Agency

Post by Radio Intelligence Agency »

What I´m looking for is a tech with the skills to allign it. There are no shops around here fixing astro equipment.
Keep it under your hat.

Man´s got to know his limitations.
SZ$DEF

Post by SZ$DEF »

Where is "here"? If you can give that information, someone may know of a shop somewhere that can help. Regardless of whether it is an ASTRO radio or not, if there is an MSS nearby, they should be able to figure out the alignment...it's pretty much the same for all of the radios (and kinda dummy-proof in CPS with the help files).

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”