[1.86] Windows based ASTRO FLASHCODE Decoder

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

compuman81

[1.86] Windows based ASTRO FLASHCODE Decoder

Post by compuman81 »

Current build 1.86

I decided to build a decoder for Windows and other platforms for you guys, since the majority of batlabbers uses windows. I'm also working on a version for cellphones that runs on the J2ME Java Environment, particularly my nextel phone. That'll be out later, good for hamfests, etc. Anyway, I think I have all the quirks out of the windows version. Its up to 1.81 right now. I'll keep it updated on my server.

Feedback on this is strongly recommended, only 2 people have used it so far. If you find something that doesn't work, let me know either via the board. If you find something you don't like, let me know! If a few people feel the same way i'll change it right away and upload a new version. Anyway, it does some interesting stuff right now:

[list][*]
>Supports ASTRO/XTS and MCS/MTS Flashcodes either individually as a group or both groups together (Filtering)

[*]>Highlights the options that pertain particularly to ASTRO (P25) mode in BLUE

[*]>Highlights the options that pertain particularly to ONLY the MTSX platform in GREEN

[*]>Moves options that are considered to the most important (P25,H14) or valuable to the top of the list so you can see them easily. On this, it was my discretion, and since i'm an astro guy I think those are important. let me know what you think.

[*]>Supports the new flashcodes, not just the old options from radio reference. I got a a lot of them from arkadam's perl decoder, thanks arkadam! If anyone has any new ones or finds a problem, please let me know.

[*]>Does preliminary check on the flash code to make sure its semi-sane. Put in whatever you want for the checksum bit as long as its 0-9, A-F

[*]>Alerts you of possible whores and special flashcodes....

[*]>Easy copy and paste action or fat fingering ( auto hypens)

[*]>Save Feature now integrated

[*]>FREE! and no internet required!

http://www.kid-engineer.com/flashcode/demo1.jpg
http://www.kid-engineer.com/flashcode/demo2.jpg

http://www.kid-engineer.com/flashcode/demo3.jpg
http://www.kid-engineer.com/flashcode/demo4.jpg
[/b]
[/list]

Download: http://www.kid-engineer.com/flashcode/flashcode.zip
Last edited by compuman81 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

PSSST!!!

<whisper> windows mobile 5.... </whisper>
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

haha well, it wouldn't be a problem, i've done CE programming before, i just would like to be able to test it before i distribute it. i'm working on the cellphone platform now. maybe you have a cellphone that supports the java micro edition environment?
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

I do not...

But the PDA is either always on me, or in the car. I would be willing to do Beta testing for you if you like on the WM platform.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

Alright. What are your thoughts on the App I posted James?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

haha, I'm loving the whore flash warning in red caps at the bottom
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

My flashcode is restricted. Bummer.

Although... it is definately a neat little application. The pop-up box is a little annoying though.
JAYMZ

Calvin
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

I'm gonna take that out. is basically useless, i only had it there for longer flashcodes that weren't totally visible in the box, but theres only like 2 or 3, so i'll remove it and upload a new version.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

Fixed>>>>1.82

Restricted in the way that the sales are controlled. I wonder if anyone has the dongle based FPP (q53) and can tell me if it takes a different value in the flashcode, so i can update the app.
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Where's the windoze beta that can be played with?
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Cool. Thx.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

Program looks good man! very useful to me already.

one suggestion, if/when you update the app, could you post the current version at the top of the thread?

nitpick i know, but i want to make sure i have the latest version.

thanks again for your hard work, ill bet lots of mountain dew went into it!
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

grem467 wrote:Program looks good man! very useful to me already.

one suggestion, if/when you update the app, could you post the current version at the top of the thread?

nitpick i know, but i want to make sure i have the latest version.

thanks again for your hard work, ill bet lots of mountain dew went into it!
lol, damn right. I can't sleep anyway (insomnia), so might as well do something productive. I'm glad someone actually found it useful, I appreciate that. I'll edit my top post. Its basically done, haven't heard anymore complaints or suggestions so I'll leave it as is!

Maybe one of the mods or admins can make this a sticky as well.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

compuman81 wrote:Maybe one of the mods or admins can make this a sticky as well.
I can be bribed... see my above posts.

Oh well... it's sticky.
JAYMZ

Calvin
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

JAYMZ wrote:
compuman81 wrote:Maybe one of the mods or admins can make this a sticky as well.

Oh well... it's sticky.
ill make one, i just need a pocket pc. I love programming. If someone sends me one, i'll gladly make it haha.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Just out of curiosity, why is the window so small, and limited in size? Some of the decode options are a bit wider than the display area.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Cool.

I'm planning to do something similar for the pocket PC. I have already written the program, and it works fine on PPC2000+, but I haven't found a reliable source of data for the XTS5000.
Last edited by mr.syntrx on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

compuman81 wrote:
JAYMZ wrote:

Oh well... it's sticky.
ill make one, i just need a pocket pc. I love programming. If someone sends me one, i'll gladly make it haha.
Just use the emulator that comes with the SDK.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

yeah, i've got it, but i'm working on the j2me platform one right now. it would be useful to a few people though I suppose.

the window is small because i wanted it to be a tiny little utility.

there are only 2 options that don't fit, so i figured its not that big of a deal. I originally had a popup window that appeared when you clicked the option for those two, but i deleted that because it got annoying.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

What about the option to output the result to a text file if you want to save it?
JAYMZ

Calvin
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

I can add that easily. Would it be useful though? If you could benefit from it let me know and i'll throw it in.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

yeah i could find a use for printing to a text file
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

Or maybe an option to copy to clipboard (like ctrl+c). Then you can just ctrl+v into whatever document/form you want.
RadShop
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by RadShop »

Is there any way to incorporate a flashcode ENCODER?

Be able to go through and choose what options you want, and have it spit out the flash you need?
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

yeah. that's just backwards. why would you want to though...
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

Updated>> 1.86

Now supports text file output support...
Added keyboard shortcuts, Ctrl-S to save. Ctrl-E to exit.

Name changed to Batwing Flashcode Decoder to avoid copyright issues.
USGOVTECH

Post by USGOVTECH »

WOW!! This is great work!! Congrads!!
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

thanks. :D

glad you guys found it useful.
High_order1

How about this:

Post by High_order1 »

Instead of having to list all the features in a WTB ad, they could select them with your software and it would spit out the code....

Anyway this thing could get ported to PalmOS for those trips to the hamfest?

-Shawn

PS - I've used that thing about a dozen times. For those of us that don't deal with it everyday, that thing is worth about 20 bucks in aspirin a month. Thanks for your efforts.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

Yeah .Could get ported to Palm, Pocket PC, Anything, I got java code. I ported it to my two cellphones and it's running however I basically quit posting the updates on here, I had a thread and it got locked down. Oh well.

Its really not that big of a deal to reverse it, i've had several people ask me. Maybe i'll release a version that'll do it. Thanks for your feedback, you don't know how much I appreciate at least feedback.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

compuman81 wrote:Yeah .Could get ported to Palm, Pocket PC, Anything, I got java code. I ported it to my two cellphones and it's running however I basically quit posting the updates on here, I had a thread and it got locked down. Oh well.
The thread got locked, since I asked you guys to keep this all in one thread. That way, I didn't hve to sticky 15 different threads.

It wasn't to stifle your development, or other ideas, it just would give everyone one thread to follow.

-Alex
slm1964

J2ME version

Post by slm1964 »

Is there a link to a J2ME version for smart phones? I'd like to play with that...
High_order1

at any rate

Post by High_order1 »

......I think it's pretty slick. When you get time to put it in a format that a Treo 650 can understand, shoot me a copy and I'll run it through the wringer for you.

-Shawn
Hightower

Re: J2ME version

Post by Hightower »

slm1964 wrote:Is there a link to a J2ME version for smart phones? I'd like to play with that...
J2ME thread got locked, development went private there after. Sorry guys :cry:
newmoto

Re: [1.86] Windows based ASTRO FLASHCODE Decoder

Post by newmoto »

Hey this is one great piece of work,,, great job. I only had it crash once when I was trying a bogus? flashcode off of fleabay. I tried several other legit flashcodes and it worked flawlessly!! Great Job!!!! gk
AstroSaberI R(UHF),AstroSaberII (VHF),AstroSaber III (UHF),3-T73 maratrac's and one T74.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

yeah, it has its issues and needs some updating.

there's a lot of things i don't like about it, so i'll fix a few things.

I'll just try to burn some time finalizing the java version for you guys to load on your blackberrys sidekicks, treos, and nextels and publish it. here on this thread
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

For reference, I have two radios with a flash of 540008-000400-3 which are flagged as possible whore flashes but I can assure you, they are NOT.

As a matter of fact, one of them is a genuine ex-State of Florida Astro Saber III from the 2D3D Astro Smartzone system that got taken out and replaced
with a M/A-Com encrypted, ESK total POS system in one of the most highly irregular and dishonest deals any state has ever entered into regarding a radio system.

I bought it directly from the reseller who's been selected to sell the Astro equipment. I got it from the storehouse and personally selected it from among
several hundred Astro Sabers. I walked past a few hundred Quantro repeaters and a few zone controllers to get to them. Of course, it was still programmed,
as they all are.

I have another ASIII that has the same flashcode and it came from a system in Peru. Sys ID 0083, IIRC. It's also NOT a whore flash.

Both radios were programmed that way by Ma M herself.

Elroy
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I'm not sure Compuman is even supporting his decoder any more. I'd suggest using Akardam's decoder... it's known up-to-date, and he has a version that will run on your web-enabled phone.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

Sorry guys, I've really been trying to get to this.

I've just been REALLY busy lately. I know there's a lot of issues with this little proggie which was a just weekend project originally.

I'll try to update that code on my flight out on Tuesday. Besides the problems with the bad flashcodes, whore flash reporting, and the info outdated, any other feature requests or comments?
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Yeah...can you accurately predict what the "future use" values will be? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it's a good tool there. It just needs a few tweaks and then it'll be perfect...until M generates some new options, that is...

Elroy
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

One suggestion... add some spaces to that (what I assume to be) AES key in your location... it jacks up the entire forum formatting.
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Possibly a long shot, but, UCM rev. compatibility? I know early UCM's in the Astro25 radios paired in radios with late hosts did wierd things..
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

when i tried to run it i got

component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly regestered : a file is missing or invalid.

running win XP
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

compuman81 wrote:Current build 1.86
Download: http://www.kid-engineer.com/flashcode/flashcode.zip
Error 404: File Not Found
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
Terriers618
was Jason618
What radios do you own?: Motorola Syntor X9000.....

Post by Terriers618 »

I am having the same error
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

wazzzzzzzzup wrote:when i tried to run it i got

component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly regestered : a file is missing or invalid.

running win XP
This should fix your OCX problem.

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/su ... MDLG32.OCX

Somehow your current OCX file is corrupt or missing for some reason. Seeing as we're dealing with XP, God only knows why it got corrupt or deleted. This should also fix future problems with other software you may install.

Good luck
Terriers618
was Jason618

Post by Terriers618 »

can someone email this file to me? the program download link is not working.

thx
KD7FLY
What radios do you own?: Astro Portables/Spectras

Post by KD7FLY »

The website itself comes up blank...and the title is "Dist."

Sounds like a great program thou...darn, :(
Cheers & 73s,

Josh - KD7FLY
MDC: 3169
P25: 6001165
DMR-MARC: 3142019
---
Terriers618
was Jason618

Post by Terriers618 »

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”