Changing Soft ID on the fly?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dxon2m

Changing Soft ID on the fly?

Post by dxon2m »

Hey guys,

Glad to see the board is back...:)

I have a question, is it possible to change the soft id via keypad on a AS III? It doesn't seem to save what I have entered.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Yes, if the radio has the option and the menu item is enabled via the programming software. It only pertains to ASTRO channels though.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

You have to go under PGM and then you should see SOFT.... dont have to AS3 in front right now... but I think you alreayd know where it is from what I am reading... ONce you enter what ever you want, the next thing you do is you have to press enter which is the button above the PTT and it should set it.
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

Works like a charm!

Thanks guys :D
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

No problem, glad it worked for you. I really need to re read what I write sometimes, I did not even understand what I wrote above lol.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

just FYI, i had to hit the purple button on my 3000 to actually set it..
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

On a sidenote, the 5000 has "Radio ID," which functions similarly to soft ID. Problem is you can't change it without CPS, but you CAN turn it on/off via "My ID" softkey.

I originally thought it was just for picking your personal radio out of a fleet, but the ID is actually sent VIA p25.

-Mike
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

I found with the XTS2500 (similar to 5000 in firmware) with version 9.00 firmware and 9.00 CPS that you cannot set the Soft ID. You can enable it but it will transmit a blank ID. Seems version 9 added an Automatic Registration Server login field under radiowide/general. And unless you have the packet data option the user field is greyed out. Version 9 uses the user field as the Soft ID.

I've opened a case woth Big M.

George
akardam

Post by akardam »

mikegilbert wrote:On a sidenote, the 5000 has "Radio ID," which functions similarly to soft ID. Problem is you can't change it without CPS, but you CAN turn it on/off via "My ID" softkey.

I originally thought it was just for picking your personal radio out of a fleet, but the ID is actually sent VIA p25.

-Mike
Are you sure about that? None of the literature I've read indicates that if your radio isn't flashed with SoftID, or it's turned off, does the RadioID get TX'd... are you sure your radio is TXing your RadioID and not the SoftID?

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”