Astro Plus Consolette with MC3000s remote

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WB5ITT
What radios do you own?: Motorola, GE, Kenwood, Yaesu

Astro Plus Consolette with MC3000s remote

Post by WB5ITT »

Our radio system is UHF Astro. At the office, we currently run an Astro Plus W7 Consolette and have MC3000 Desksets tied to it using the interface hub box. All works ok BUT the overall radio receive volume on the DeskSets changes with the radio volume (using the Up/Down control, of course) !!! Needless to say this is a royal pain...when someone adjust the Consolette's volume, it throws all the levels at the DeskSets off whack and makes the mobiles 1/3 the level of another deskset playing havoc with the auto level mode and driving my users nuts! Is there a line level out of the Consolette I can use to avoid this? (I REALLY dont want to put a switch or L Pad at the radio to disconnect or pad the spkr if I can avoid it)....
Thanks!
Chris
WB5ITT
What radios do you own?: Motorola, GE, Kenwood, Yaesu

Post by WB5ITT »

Well, did some more digging; sure enough the Astro is SPKR out while the MCS2000 uses line out....and our Consolettes are used locally as well as via the remote desksets...so it looks like a switch or L Pad for it :(

Chris

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”