XTS 2500 I.5 Question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Deputy Disaster

XTS 2500 I.5 Question

Post by Deputy Disaster »

How dow you set the scan list? (Please dont say "in the cps")

Astro smartzone omnilink mode
Last edited by Deputy Disaster on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
libuff

Post by libuff »

is the radio enabled for scan? then is it also enabled for scan-list edit?

i am sure it would have to be mapped to one of the ABC positions, since you have no buttons on the face.

you should be able to select the frequencies for scan by switching to the correct position, then hitting the top most button on the side...

otherwise see the system adminstrator to see if he enabled the feature you are inquiring about...
Deputy Disaster

Post by Deputy Disaster »

libuff wrote:is the radio enabled for scan? then is it also enabled for scan-list edit?

i am sure it would have to be mapped to one of the ABC positions, since you have no buttons on the face.

you should be able to select the frequencies for scan by switching to the correct position, then hitting the top most button on the side...

otherwise see the system adminstrator to see if he enabled the feature you are inquiring about...
They do scan.

The abc switch selects zones.

We have mostly xts 5000 mod II and mod III. we had no tng on these, they were just handed out. :roll: random talk groups are in the scan list.
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

Just dabbled with a 1.5 codeplug. The only place you can set it for scan list program is on the ABC switch, so if you need three zone capacity then you cannot have user select scan
Jason

2500 I

Post by Jason »

Sure you can, here is a way.....

**Undocumented Method**

Press and hold the scan button, it will place the radio into scan program mode, this way you can still have 48 channels.

Only problem is you have to press the PTT or cycle power on the radio, to return to normal operation. (unless you are a model II or III, and can press home.)

I cannot figure out for the life of me why this has not been added to the manuals, works on any Astro25 portable, regardless of a display.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Jason's method is tried and true. I have 60+ units set up that way, Orange emergency, abc zone select, purple side is talkaround, next button is nuisance delete and bottom button is scan. Hold in the scan button, puts you in programming mode. Turn the radio off or key it up to get out of it.

Jason
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Re: 2500 I

Post by CTAMontrose »

Jason wrote:Sure you can, here is a way.....

**Undocumented Method**

Press and hold the scan button, it will place the radio into scan program mode, this way you can still have 48 channels.

Only problem is you have to press the PTT or cycle power on the radio, to return to normal operation. (unless you are a model II or III, and can press home.)

I cannot figure out for the life of me why this has not been added to the manuals, works on any Astro25 portable, regardless of a display.
undocumented?

page 25, XTS5000 model I book
Jason

Re: 2500 I

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:I cannot figure out for the life of me why this has not been added to the manuals, works on any Astro25 portable, regardless of a display.
Must be a newer rev book, glad it's been added. Nevertheless, it remains a little known way of getting there.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”