Astro Spectra tones on TX

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jstanley
New User

Astro Spectra tones on TX

Post by jstanley »

G'day. I've got a digital Astro Spectra T99DX that the local shop is busy programming for me. They've got the modes right, but the radio is still emitting a beep-beep when keyed up. It is a long-high short-high sequence of tones. The radio also shows ER 09/10 after SELF CHK. The radio appears to have the securenet option, since it has the securenet cirle-line button at the top left of the top row, on a Model A4 head (which emits a short-low tone when pushed.)

They say they've turned the encryption off which should have turned the beep off.

I've seen another comment in this board about "Radio Wide Secure options" TX Clear Alert Tone" needs to be disabled." Is that what these guys are missing, or is there some other problem that causes the tone?
Am I right in believing this is the "clear alert" tone in the first place?

Thanks for any help you might have.

T99DX+095W_ASTRO
T04KKH9PW9AN
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: Astro Spectra tones on TX

Post by jmr061 »

If its showing error 9/10 on start up they have NOT disabled securenet in the radio. The radio is looking for a secure module on power up and either its not there or its defective.

Jason
RocketNJ

Re: Astro Spectra tones on TX

Post by RocketNJ »

In CPS under radiowide/Secure there is a checkbox for secure hardware equipped. Uncheck that and save to the radio.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”