XTS 3000 A-B-C Selector??

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

themedic66

XTS 3000 A-B-C Selector??

Post by themedic66 »

Hello all,

I was wondering, what is the A-B-C switch used for? What are some options to program them for? Also, does the XTS 3000 Model 2 have the three side buttons like an Astro Saber 3?

Thanks for the help!
"It's all in a days' work"--LAPD/LAFD
jared_wolff
What radios do you own?: System Saber, Astro Saber, MTS

Re: XTS 3000 A-B-C Selector??

Post by jared_wolff »

It can be programmed for different things but for the most part its for the initial 3 zones. If you have a front display XTS you will have more zones accessible via menus.
txshooter

Post by txshooter »

themedic66 wrote:Hello all,

I was wondering, what is the A-B-C switch used for? What are some options to program them for? Also, does the XTS 3000 Model 2 have the three side buttons like an Astro Saber 3?

Thanks for the help!
Various different things.......
Zone operation.......
Scan program/Blank/Scan
And several other things as well. But those are probably the most common.....

As this is a similar question to others, once in CPS it si very easy to look and see the possibilitys.....

The 3000 does have 3 side buttons as well......
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

We use ours as Zone select
bulletproof-791
What radios do you own?: to may to list here!!!!

Post by bulletproof-791 »

same here ZONE select
"Arguing with a fool proves there are two"
PhillyPhoto
was LuiePL
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX2000

Post by PhillyPhoto »

On my model III's I have them setup for:

A - Blank
B - Scan List Program
C - Keypad Lock
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Usually program mine for

A: High power
B: Low Powers
C: Talkaround

8)
boomboy64
What radios do you own?: XTS3000, Astro Saber III

Post by boomboy64 »

My current is

A - High Power
B - Low Power
C - CSQ

Boomboy64
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Another vote here for Zone select.

I have digital ham on "A", a copy of the channels but in analogue at "B" and PS/Business freqs in the zone assigned to C.

(BTW side question - its not possible to have a switch to transmit analogue then xmit digital, is it? It's either one or the other right?)
PhillyPhoto
was LuiePL
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX2000

Post by PhillyPhoto »

Napalm wrote:(BTW side question - its not possible to have a switch to transmit analogue then xmit digital, is it? It's either one or the other right?)
I know channels can be setup for mixed-mode voice, but I believe this is only in reference to the receive voice. The TX voice isn't selectable, as say clear/encrypted voice would be. Although I've thought the same thing, what's the point of being able to hear analog and digital on the same channel if you can only talk in one or the other? As far as the XTS5000s go (of which I am not familiar, so I'm just taking a stab in the dark) if you have the FPP option, you may be able to change it on the fly, but someone may be able to correct me if I'm wrong.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

Hightower wrote:Usually program mine for

8)
Just curious, what is the power output when your in Talk-Around? Does it default to the last power setting (low) or does it drop backto the programmed default?
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

I typically have either ZONE select or alternatively

A SCAN
B BLANK
C TALKAROUND
Wicho
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Realistic Space Command

Post by Wicho »

Yup, you can change it on the fly with an FPP XTS5K or 2500.
LuiePL wrote: I know channels can be setup for mixed-mode voice, but I believe this is only in reference to the receive voice. The TX voice isn't selectable, as say clear/encrypted voice would be. Although I've thought the same thing, what's the point of being able to hear analog and digital on the same channel if you can only talk in one or the other? As far as the XTS5000s go (of which I am not familiar, so I'm just taking a stab in the dark) if you have the FPP option, you may be able to change it on the fly, but someone may be able to correct me if I'm wrong.
Vote for Pedro.
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

KS4VT wrote:
Hightower wrote:Usually program mine for

8)
Just curious, what is the power output when your in Talk-Around? Does it default to the last power setting (low) or does it drop backto the programmed default?
In order for everything to work, all personalities must be set to high power. If you were to set a personality to low power, then even when the switch is in high power you still get low power. Although some people may need certain channels to always remain low power (reguardless of the power switch), so just set up the personality for low power.

Talkaround takes the power setting level you set in the CPS.

Hope this answers your questions 8)
hamptonbeach

Post by hamptonbeach »

With my prior radios I used the display menu to change zones.
But now I have an XTS1500 with no display.
From what I'm reading, I can set "A" for zone 1, "B for zone 2 and "C" for zone 3?
Where in the CPS do I set that?
I see one of the switch options is 'zone select', but then how would I 'select' a zone'?
Or does it default to what I'm looking for ??????

Thanks for any help.
RKG

Post by RKG »

If you use the A-B-C switch for "zone select", then the assignment of A=Z1, B=Z2, C=Z3 is automatic.

Note that zone select is one of the few commands that you can put on both a switch and a menu. It is not unusual to use A-B-C for the first three zones, and menu for deeper (and, presumably, less commonly used, zones). Note that on power up, the radio will follow the switch, not the menu-set zone-state. This can be a plus: if Zone 1 is your "working" zone, the A-B-C switch is set for A, and you select a deep zone then turn the radio off, it will come up in Zone 1 when you power up. On more than one occasion, this has saved me from forgetting to go back to Zone 1 via the menu.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”