trunking in an astro radio

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CHEFA2001
Banned

trunking in an astro radio

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Does a UHF astro saber require ASTRO 25 TRUNKING option to be on a system, or will the following flashcode options suffice?

Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation
Q354 OTACS (Over The Air Channel Steering)
Q353 OTACR ((Over The Air Channel Reassignment)
Q352 Soft ID
W947/Q947 APCO Packet Data
Q387 Conventional voting scan
Q173/G173 Smartzone OmniLink Operation

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but I dont know squat about trunking.....

The system that the radio will need to operate on is not yet operational, but will be a UHF 30 channel, 12.5split, trunked system with 5 additional conventional freqs for I/A and such. I know it will be a MOtorola system and will also be a P25 system.

I have seen different sites such as lindsay's with trunking information on them, but no specific answer to what I am looking for.

Feel free to email me or PM me with replies. LIke I said above, I really dont know too much about trunking...

Thanks very much board.....
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
xmo

Post by xmo »

This is an excellent question. I don't think you can get there from here.

The H38 Smartzone feature set in your radio means it is already trunking capable, but that would be analog trunking or Astro trunking (3600 baud control).

Astro25 trunking (9600 baud control) is another matter. I am not sure that it is available on the Astro Saber. The M salesman says that the products that support Astro25 trunking are the Astro Digital Spectra Plus, the XTS5000 and the XTS2500.

When I visited the beta SZ6 Astro25 system I am sure that the radios I saw were XTS3000's, but I never thought to look at their flash code/host/DSP versions. They may have been equipped with SP firmware so they could test the system until the new radios were ready to ship.

Products today are partly engineering and partly marketing. Technically, M could make your radio do Astro25, but they probably won't (marketing decision - discontinued product - don't want to extend the support cycle).

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”