MDC call list

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Cipher77

MDC call list

Post by Cipher77 »

Is there anyway that I can have more than 100 entries in my MDC call list on my xts5k (ver: 9.00.05 prog. w/ cps 9)?

Any info would be great!!

cipher77
The Grabbing Hands, Grab all they can. Everything counts in large amounts. Martin L. Gore
GEMOTO

Re: MDC call list

Post by GEMOTO »

You can have multiple lists but only 100 members per list. If you had a channel(s) that you only used certain ID's on you could make a different conventional personality for that channel(s) and map another MDC call list to it. There is a fire department in the area that uses MDC1200. I have all the ID's aliased in which amounts to about ~94 ID's. So I made a new conventional personality for that FD channel and a MDC call list to go with it. But if I had XX PD and wanted to alias thier ID's i would have to have a different call list with theirs in it as I cant have the 94 FD ID's and still to all the PS ones.
libuff

Re: MDC call list

Post by libuff »

there are other limitations, i believe the lists are limited to 50 id's per list..

also understand that it WILL alias the id to any list, during normal operation. it will also only alias to the first instance of an ID. so, if for example ID# abcd is on two different lists, it will allways ID to the first lists alias.

as far as emergency operations go, this is where the limitations begin. it will ONLY alias for an emergency MDC ID off of the first list, or maybe the list linked to the personality, it will NOT alias off of other lists as it does when it gets a normal PTT ID.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”