XTS3000 And ReBanding

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Johnny Galaga

XTS3000 And ReBanding

Post by Johnny Galaga »

From start to finish, exactly what do you have to do to an 800MHz XTS3000 to make it work after rebanding? Do you simply need a newer version of the programming software, or is there something else?

Thanks.
Last edited by txshooter on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title from rebaning to rebanding
Analog already is interoperable.

Astro Spectra

Re: XTS3000 And Reanding

Post by Astro Spectra »

Ah the 'ol reanding...

What people refer to as 'rebanding' is a variable process depending on the channels you actually need to use. A good place to start is:

http://www.apcointl.org/frequency/downl ... 7_2005.pdf

Although this info is a bit dated, it is a great start to understanding the process for Motorola kit.

Armed with that Google may well provide more detailed answers.
txshooter

Re: XTS3000 And ReBanding

Post by txshooter »

More importantly in the 800 mhz radios you need a newer Host /DSP capable of rebanding. And it's simply a check box in the CPS.....retuning may be required.
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

if you have an MSS do the firmware refresh all it needs is reprogramming with the latest CPS and enable rebanding on trunked systems/personalities, and of course making changes to those as needed.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Since the subject of the sentence is the XTS 300 radio, I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the question is actually what do you do after the XTS3000 radio is "rebanded" in other words what to do once the firmware is refreshed?

Perhaps Johnny, you could be more specific?
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

Actually, what I'm wondering is how do you reband it. In other words, the radio is old and I want to make it so that it will work on rebanded systems. Do I need a microchip or something installed in the radio? Will it require a flash upgrade from /\/\OTOROLA? Or can it simply be re-programmed with newer software.

akardam

Post by akardam »

Thought I'd replied to this, guess not.

Rebanding requires a firmware refresh to Host >= R07.70.xx, and the use if memory serves of CPS >= R05.00.00. Using the latest CPS R05.02.01 wouldn't hurt.

Once those two conditions are met, you can program the radio with rebanded information.
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

What's "a firmware refresh to Host >= R07.70.xx"? Is that a piece of hardware that physically gets installed into the radio? How do you do this firmware refresh? What do you have to hook up to the radio ?

txshooter

Post by txshooter »

A firmware refresh is done by a authorized Motorola Service Center or a trip to the depot. It is not a part, it is done electronically. It is done with a special dongle or i button and the appropriate CPS. Contact your local Motorola Dealer.
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

Dammit. That's the answer I was afraid of. :x :cry: :evil:

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”