Astro saber convert-a-com strange issue HELP?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mraudio
What radios do you own?: Quantar/AS/A-spec./VertexP25

Astro saber convert-a-com strange issue HELP?

Post by Mraudio »

I can put any one of my A/S in the box, and as long as the engine is not running no intermitant boops (un programmed key boop) are heard. Once the engine is on I get boops like your pressing a key on the keypad, no rhyme or reason. I have A+ to the red wire, Ground to the Black, and ignition to the Yellow, green is floating N/C as I believe thats the horn alert correct? In any case only way to get rid of this annoyance is to enable key mute. Any thoughts folks?
Thanks
MrA
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: Astro saber convert-a-com strange issue HELP?

Post by Pj »

Simple question...

Have you checked the AVA for any obstructions that may be inside of it that could simply be hitting one of the keypad keys?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

I had a similar problem with an AVA that eventually developed into total loss of communication between the radio and cradle, but it started out exactly as you described: seemingly-random beeps and boops of keypad buttons being pressed. What had happened was the crap snap-together construction of the cradle had started to come apart, and there was intermittent loss of connection at the accessory connector. I busted it apart, re-seated everything, and put it back together and all was well after that.
Mraudio
What radios do you own?: Quantar/AS/A-spec./VertexP25

Post by Mraudio »

Havn't found any other way to get around it other then to disable tones and leave that rat button programmed as blank, Win some loose some in the game of used as is equipment...
MrA

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”