XTS2500 audio problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

XTS2500 audio problem

Post by Pj »

I have a UHF XTS2500 that seems to developed (or has had) an audio problem.

At times when I turn the radio one and rx'ing traffic, the audio sound tinny and just about disappears no matter what where the volume is set at. Other times, turn it on and its awesome. I have not personally opened up this radio yet to check for any loose whatevers. Smacking the radio around doesn't seem to help. Happens on analog and digital. Firmware 12.xx.13. Yes, its a panter radio.

It was been pretty hot where I am now in CA, so I am not sure if heat is somehow affecting it, but it did seem that the colder the radio, it seemed to sound 100% but I have not verified that yet.

Thoughts? Places to look?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
e231

Re: XTS2500 audio problem

Post by e231 »

I have seen this with the afore mentioned radio type, not sure of the f/w (11+). The radio exibited your described behavior. The solution I came up with was to swap the case. This seemed to work fine. In addition, I have found this behavior with one radio, swapped that case with another radio that seemed fine, then both seemed to be fine. Maybe something with the connectors?
xts2500-vhf, uhf
spectra-vhf, uhf
caprice96
What radios do you own?: To many to list here.

Re: XTS2500 audio problem

Post by caprice96 »

I had this happen on a 5k once, it was the speaker that started to go. Just replaced that and magic no more tinny sound. Thats about the only thing I could think of.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”