I Have Seen the ASTRO side, and it is nice!

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motofreak008

I Have Seen the ASTRO side, and it is nice!

Post by motofreak008 »

Until today, I have never used any ASTRO product. Well, the police department that I dispatch for has started the switch to ASTRO products. Until we get the consoles installed, we are using XTS2500I's as our dispatch radio, and I am very impressed. The audio quality is really good and I like the size of the screen. My only complaint is that it seems a bit heavy, but it is a big radio and is very impressive. All-in-all it is very nice radio and I hope to someday own one of my own!
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Re: I Have Seen the ASTRO side, and it is nice!

Post by MT2000 man »

Nice, I know you'll grow into liking the newer Astro products.
What radios (portables) were in the before ?
motofreak008

Post by motofreak008 »

Maratracs and CDM1250s and HT1000s and HT1250s. Not bad radios, but there is a considerable difference.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Wow, your stepping up considerably ! While I do love my MTS2000, I've been told by many radio professionals that you simply cannot beat the XTS5000/XTS2500 ASTRO radios. (I've never handled the anything newer then the XTS3000). I do own an Astro Saber III, and (used to own) an XTS3000. It would be neat to compare these radios to the newer equipment. The only downside is, as of now, my town (and most of the surrounding towns) are all UHF analog and are not planning on going digital anytime soon. So, it would be kind of a waste to spend all that money on a "newest and greatest" ASTRO radio for non-digital use.
I wonder if they are any improvements in the analog world as well? I know little things like checking your battery status (if you have a Li-ion battery) is a very handy feature, having a real battery gauge, signal meter, etc. is all worlds above the stuff I'm used to using.
Anyway, good luck with the new radio system !!
Mike

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”