Motorola R2600 repair/calibration sources

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mgladu
New User

Motorola R2600 repair/calibration sources

Post by mgladu »

I am doing some work for a small two-way radio shop in Vt. They have a Motorola R2600B that is in need of repair and calibration. Or perhaps where can one purchase a full service manual. Thanks. 73 de N1FBZ
Lake Effect

Re: Motorola R2600 repair/calibration sources

Post by Lake Effect »

Our shop sends them to Auburn Metrology Lab in Bowling Green, KY.
Phone # 800-859-6515.
Sorry I can't give you a cost because I never see the bills here.

L.E.
jry

Post by jry »

bought a copy of the R2600A from http://www.jdosher.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Othermans.pdf.
Reasonable cost and good quality
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

If you're on the West coast, you can try Nextec in Torrance. Give 'em a ring at (310)997-5379. I've never had anything repaired myself by them but I have sold them several broken R2600's that they wanted for repair parts.
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

Auburn & Nextec are both good shops. When I worked at Motorola's Test Equipment Depot, Auburn would call for advice whenever they ran into a problem they couldn't solve and they didn't try to sub out parts. Nextec was (or still is) an authorized service center for the Asian market & has expanded to the west coast. In the midwest, I recommend Cardinal Electronics and of coarse CTDI (who bought the test equipment depot from Motorola and hired the techs).
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”