Motorola General Dynamics R2590 Manuals ?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jry

Motorola General Dynamics R2590 Manuals ?

Post by jry »

Anyone have a scan or pdf of the R2590 Manuals ?

Tried General Dynamics but no response and all the ones I found on the web are just the preliminary Ops manual.

Last firmware would be great as well if anyone kept a copy.

Thanks !
VE3HKB
New User

Re: Motorola General Dynamics R2590 Manuals ?

Post by VE3HKB »

I think that there's only the one manual (I've got one on the bench). I can check the resource disk on Monday to see what's there. I don't think there's much difference between the production manual and the ones found online, but I'll try to compare.
As far as firmware goes, I think there was just the one release. I'll check the version I have as GD did confirm that it was the most recent when they serviced it last.
Most options are software-keyed. You give GD some numbers from the unit, $$ and they give you a code to enable. Not hackable.
Overall a prettier machine than the R26xx series, but not as good. At least the display is LCD, so no CRT to wear out.

Howard
jry

Post by jry »

Thanks for the info.
The manuals I found still had the red preliminary across them.
I will check to see what version is in this unit on the firmware.
jry

Post by jry »

believe the main application version was listed as 16.1 ...doubt the boot loader and graphics versions are that important
VE3HKB
New User

Post by VE3HKB »

I checked my bench unit today:
Boot Loader Version 0.29
Main Application Version 16.105
Logo Graphic Version 0.32
When my unit was down at General Dynamics about 18 months ago for repair I enquired and was told that mine had the most recent firmware.
As far as the manual goes, mine is P/N 68-P50636F REV B, It is significantly different than the preliminary version I have in .PDF - REV xA, about 15 more pages. The resource CD does not contain a copy of the manual, just the brochures and some utilities.

Howard
jry

Post by jry »

Tried Motorola Online to see if they still had a copy of the manual but no joy.

Is the resource CD you are referring to the one for the 2600 series or one that covered both the 2590 and 2600 ?

I have the 2600 resource CD but have not tried any of the utilities to see if they work with the 2590.
VE3HKB
New User

Post by VE3HKB »

There is a R2590-specific Resource CD. I'm going from memory here, but it has some utilities and a R2590 simulator program. Some brochures but no manuals on the CD. I can check to exact contents tomorrow.
jry

Post by jry »

Thanks.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”