Irony

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

crash
What radios do you own?: R2001C

Irony

Post by crash »

So my R2001C intermittent operation came down to a connector on the 10 MHz board.

Not just any connector, but an RCA connector... :lol:

After re-tensioning the inner split sleeve of the female and the outer shell of the male,
it stayed playing for over an hour with no hiccups. Since I have a supply of better connectors,
I may replace the RCA with a gold plated SMA or similar connector, depending on what is inside
the solid coax.

Are the solid coaxes using teflon insulation? If it is PVC, I may just solder the RCA together.

So far, I have replaced most of the electrolytic caps in this unit, as the ones I am pulling out
are dried out and have split and leaked the electrolyte. I still have the high voltage power
supply and scope driver board to do. Most everything else has been replaced, and I am going
to have quite the spare supply when I am done.

Jeff N8CMQ
Jeff 'crash' Young N8CMQ

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”