Sad news for IFR/Aeroflex 2975 owners

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

xmo

Sad news for IFR/Aeroflex 2975 owners

Post by xmo »

Cobham has stated that beginning January 1, 2017 they will no longer repair the 2975.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: Sad news for IFR/Aeroflex 2975 owners

Post by Wowbagger »

Damn it, another of my children dead.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

Well just learned from off the phone,

Now who is recommended for repairing a faulty display and calibration on 2 units

Humm

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
Audiotron
New User

Post by Audiotron »

Hi to all ,

I still intend to buy some of these faulty units and thoroughly research solutions...
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

chartofmaryland wrote:Well just learned from off the phone,

Now who is recommended for repairing a faulty display and calibration on 2 units

Humm

CoM
Oh I suspect a tech from their repair line will be offered a buyout to send him on his way and he'll open up shop to support them :D

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”