R2670B Not working

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ve2rfi
New User

R2670B Not working

Post by ve2rfi »

Hello, I have a R2670B that is giving me 1, 3 and 1 beeps when I power it up and there is nothing that shows on the screen. It previously had reboot symptom when I first tuned it on cold, then it would work fine after warming up. The power supply is good except for the 40 volts is out of tolerance at 34 volts. I have a hard copy of the maintenance manual for the R2600 but can't find anything on audible error codes.

Thanks for your input

RFI
jry

Re: R2670B Not working

Post by jry »

It sounds like a keyboard or keyboard interface ( processor board )

The first beep is good. ( boot ROM self test OK )

The next three says it thinks you have the F1 button pressed .

It may be looping after that.

The beep sequences are not all that well documented in any one place.

There are some failure beeps for the video processor card which is two beeps and I believe those continue.

What I am starting to see a lot of is leaking processor batteries which damage the processor board.

A word to all Motorola R26XX owners is to replace the battery early and often since the damage to the processor board can be un-repairable ( read scrap unit due to multiple traces corroded off the PCB )
ve2rfi
New User

Post by ve2rfi »

Thanks, I will check it out this week. I changed the T/R port, battery on the processor board and fixed the power supply 2 month ago but it still had the boot-up problem when cold and it died during the last polar vortex. I found the screws that hold one of the power FETs loose to the point where it was shorting out in the back of the chassis and when you moved the unit it would go into over current protection and shut down the PWM, but like I said that was all fixed 2 month ago. The chassis is also broken in 2 places, I think it fell out of a service vehicle :-(.

It is a very nice unit to work with and just needs a little TLC.
jry

Post by jry »

PM me if you want it repaired.
ve2rfi
New User

Post by ve2rfi »

I got it working. :-) I depressed the input buttons repeatedly and rebooted. It's now functioning well. I will dissasemble and clean the input board a later date.

RFI

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”