IFR COM-120B Real Time Clock Failure

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JRayfield

IFR COM-120B Real Time Clock Failure

Post by JRayfield »

I've got a COM-120B in which the battery in the Real Time Clock (RTC) apparently went dead.

I replaced the RTC module (got several from China) but the Self Test still shows the RTC failure.

Of course, it's possible that the RTC modules that I from China are defective.

Or it's possible that I damaged the circuit board while getting the old RTC module out (the board looks ok, though, and I installed a low profile socket, so I didn't have to solder the new RTC module back in).

Has anyone replaced the RTC module in a COM-120B and had the monitor to continue to show an RTC failure?

Any suggestions?

John Rayfield, Jr.
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net
jry

Re: IFR COM-120B Real Time Clock Failure

Post by jry »

it has to be programmed
JRayfield

Post by JRayfield »

Can someone tell me how this is programmed?

John
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net
AdrianH
What radios do you own?: Yaesu FT-857, FT-902DM, FT70

Post by AdrianH »

Hello John

Can you tell me if you have anything to program the device with, out side of the IFR as a few bits need to be set. It may be possible to 'poke' some settings into the RTC in the IFR using serial but I have not discovered how to yet.

Adrian

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”