motorola r2001a frequency counter it does not work

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motomnbvc
New User

motorola r2001a frequency counter it does not work

Post by motomnbvc »

Good morning I own a motorola r2001a, it works completely. The only problem that if I go on the frequency counter function does not read any frequency in the RF input. if I try in the connetor bnc vert \ sinad \ dvm \ frequency counter in then reads the input frequency. Can you help me? Thanks so much
jry

Re: motorola r2001a frequency counter it does not work

Post by jry »

that is how it is supposed to work.

The RF inputs are just for "tuned" measurements.

Believe the manual is on repeater builders so I would look through the operations section of the R2001A manual. Do not think there was a separate OM for the A version.

The D version of the R2001 is almost a completely different unit and it did have a pretty decent OM that would apply at a high level.

A lot of the controls are different.

The frequency counter if a relatively low frequency counter ( like audio ranges ) IIRC
motomnbvc
New User

Post by motomnbvc »

if you look at the manual it says that the reading of the frequency takes place through RF in. not to use the bnc ma rf in.

[fixed the images - Alex]
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Once you've set the operating frequency correctly on the screen, the carrier frequency ERROR, of an RF signal applied to the RF IN/OUT N-female jack, can be viewed on the MONitor display along with deviation.

To use the frequency COUNTER, you need to feed the signal into the separate Vert/Sinad/DVM/Counter BNC-female jack, and it covers 10 Hz to 35 MHz. These specs are in section 1 of any of the R200X manuals.

You can't apply an RF signal to the R2001 and have it tell you the frequency, like you can do with a stand-alone frequency counter (annoyingly). You need to know in advance what frequency it's supposed to be, or use a scan function to locate it.

Bob M.
motomnbvc
New User

Post by motomnbvc »

OK thanks. in the manual it is written that you can not apply a rx in bnc Vert / Sinad / DVM / Counter. but we must use the input re in out

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”