R2600B - Will not power up / Need DC Cable Part No.

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

alex
Administrator

R2600B - Will not power up / Need DC Cable Part No.

Post by alex »

All:

Have an older R2600B with what seems to be a failed power supply. Plug in the unit with an AC power cord and it does not power on. I double checked the reference switch as I heard that sometimes that can cause it and it will not power up regardless of the switch position. I do not have a DC cable but it was suggested to try and see if it would power up. Does anyone know what the Motorola Part number would be for the DC cable? I have no issue ordering one up. Secondary to this - if it's the power supply are they easy to change and is there a source out there for a replacement?

I also popped out both fuses and they test out OK. Just haven't pulled the cover off.....

Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
jry

Re: R2600B - Will not power up / Need DC Cable Part No.

Post by jry »

standard four pin circular connector ....top pin is A+ bottom is ground /chassis...takes around 7 amps depending on the DC voltage used ...higher DC lower amps.

Measure resistance across the hot and neutral on the AC connector with good fuses. Should be around 200 ohm IIRC. verify the AC operating range switch is set correctly ...may want to switch it back and forth to clean the contacts.

If the AC connector measures open than you have an open on the primary circuit for the AC operation "bias" supply /transformer ....should hear a relay click when the unit is plugged in ...relay switches from DC to AC operation.

No click you are in DC mode.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

OK: So it will power up off a DC power supply. It does not show 200 ohm's (or really any) across the two AC connectors. I did try giving the AC switch a good back and forth and that did not produce any results. I'm going to go buy new fuses tomorrow before I go down the route of how to go about sourcing a new power supply, or, i'll just have to carry an extra box to keep it alive.....
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Fuses were replaced - no change. I ended up buying a 3 pin circular connector, the only downside is that it is not pinned and it doesn't look like it's a perfect match. It will work, but, not really ideal. Is there a part number or a specific connector out there that was designed for that port?

Anyone have a source for a power supply?
jry

Post by jry »

the actual one is a four pin ...only two are really used ...1and 2 are A+ and 4 is A- ....or something like that.

PM me if you want it exchanged
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

Alex, if you have a DC power connector from the old R2000 series, it's the same connector. Pins 1 & 2 are V+, pin 4 is V- and pin 3 is for charging the battery pack. Have a Merry Christmas.
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”