R2600B tracking generator fall off?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bwigg

R2600B tracking generator fall off?

Post by bwigg »

I have a R2600B that drops about 10 db on the high side at 5 MHz width when using the tracking generator. I used a short BNC to BNC to tie the GEN port to the ANT port to rule out any cable loss. It doesn't matter what freq I use. It's always down about 10 db. I suspect some type of alignment issue.

Anybody have some words of wisdom on what module may be affecting this? Otherwise everything seems to be Ok when comparing in and out signal levels to another monitor I have.
jry

Re: R2600B tracking generator fall off?

Post by jry »

see this all the time.
unit needs to be re-cal'd... there are multiple filters that need to be aligned ...real PITA part of the R26XX calibration
bwigg

Post by bwigg »

Thanks for the info, looking over the manual it does look like a PITA. Without extender boards it looks like I will have to live with it. This unit is my home hobby unit, if I need something more accurate I guess I will have to borrow my 3920B from work.
jry

Post by jry »

you have to have a tracking gen with an inverted sweep option as well ...at least the way I do it

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”